Cafe sign up
Essex County Council in partnership with the sustainable transport charity, Sustrans are currently recruiting cafes to be part this exciting project to promote cycling in and around Essex.
To be classed as a Cycle Café participating cafes, coffee shops, tea rooms, farm shops etc are asked to demonstrate they are a ‘destination that actively encourages cyclists’ by:
- Displaying The cake escape poster and other promotional material. Available from Sustrans
- Providing cyclists with free water top up.
- Providing a safe and convenient place to park and lock up a bike.
- Having a basic bike repair kit available at all opening times including a track pump, puncture repair kit, and basic spanner kit.
- Having a First Aid kit
- Distributing local, regional and national cycle maps
- Offering basic tourist information and providing details of cycle repair shops in the area
And agreeing to:
- Promote The cake escape in their establishment and via social media/websites.
- Return completed tear out pages from the Loyalty log book and completed Loyalty log books to: FREEPOST RTLX-YGTK-JUBR, Sustrans, The Green House, 4-6 Cowgate, Peterborough, PE1 1NA
- Return any comments/feedback relating to the scheme to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide a free slice of cake when presented with The cake escape Loyalty log book with four stamps
If you think you are a Cycle Café and are interested in being listed on The cake escape website, please complete the sign-up form below.
Data provided by you will be shared between Sustrans and Essex County Council purely for the use of this scheme. Some cafes may be contacted regarding publicity and promotion of the scheme.
We hope you will agree that getting people on bikes to eat cake is good for them, good for your business and good for Essex.