Terms and Conditions
To be classed as a Cycle Café participating cafes are asked to demonstrate they are a ‘destination that actively encourages cyclists’ by:
- Displaying the Cycle Café sticker, poster and other promotional material. Available from Essex County Council.
- Providing cyclists with free water top up.
- Providing a safe and convenient place to park and lock up a bike.
- Having a basic bike repair kit available at all opening times including a track pump, puncture repair kit, and basic spanner kit.
- Having a First Aid kit.
- Distributing local, regional and national cycle maps.
- Offering basic tourist information and providing details of cycle repair shops in the area.
And agreeing to:
- Promote The cake escape in their establishment and via social media/websites.
- Return completed tear out pages from The cake escape Loyalty log book.
- Return any comments/feedback relating to the scheme.
- Provide a free slice of cake when presented with The cake escape booklet with four stamps.
Essex County Council will use your information to provide you with a log book. We will keep your information for one year and we will not share it with anyone else www.essex.gov.uk/privacy.